Saturday 15 February 2014

Look Beauty Mattify Me Pressed Powder - Review

When I first heard about Look Beauty I was interested but with it not being available in my city, I never got around to trying anything. On a recent trip to Glasgow with my boyfriend I picked up a few bits and pieces, including this pressed powder.

I paid £4 for this powder which was advertised as a half price offer. From what I can see, this half price offer has been going on for a long time and I doubt anyone has ever paid £8 for this, I personally never would.

Firstly the packaging. This is in a box which is a nice touch and makes it feel high quality. The casing of the powder is very sturdy and verging on bulky. It has it's own mirror which is a nice touch and very handy.

The powder itself is only available in one colour as it is translucent. I have no problems with the shade and find it doesn't alter the colour of my makeup at all. I am usually pretty heavy handed with powder and use a lot of it. When I used that liberal application with this product however, I found it too much. The powder looked cakey and chalky on my face which is never a good look. Persevering with the product though I chose to use a bigger, looser brush to allow me to apply with a lighter hand. This worked a lot better and left a light layer rather than packing on the product.

Once I had worked out how the product worked for me, I have really been enjoying it. The powder keeps my skin matte and lasts all day. I would definitely buy this again buy only at £4 as I simply wouldn't pay much more than that for a setting powder.

Have you tried anything from Look Beauty?

Please check out my article on makeup looks from NYFW Fall 2014 http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/york-fashion-week-aw14-makeup-looks-153600918.html

 

4 comments:

  1. The only product I've tried is a mini palette for blue eyes and I was positively surprised by it and nowadays I always have a look in the Look section :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the mini palette too but in rock chick. X

      Delete
  2. This sounds really lovely and you got such a good deal!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's lovely and definitely worth trying x

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)